Change the Plain Text Font Size in Outlook
If you’re like me, then the resolution on your monitor long ago exceeded the ability of your eyes to read all the small print. Or maybe you’re one of those people who want to cram everything into as little screen real estate as possible. In either case, Outlook has a way you can change the font size for plain text messages. Since plain text, by definition, doesn’t include any text formatting information, you can’t change the text size from within the email. Here’s how you do it in Outlook 2010. The process is probably very similar in Outlook 2013, but I’m too lazy to start up my other computer right now.
- Go to the File tab and click on Options.
- Click on Mail in the navigation pane on the left.
- Click on the “Stationary and Fonts…” button.
- Click on the Font button under “Composing and reading plain text…”
- Change the default font size to whatever you need.
- Restart Outlook.