Qualia Test Part 2
Continuing with my experiment with Qualia.
Day 5 – Monday
- Monday was rough. So what else is new?
- Sleep wasn’t awful, but wasn’t good either.
- I took Step One with a cup of bulletproof coffee at 6:30 AM.
- After my 2nd cup of bulletproof, I took Step Two with a snack at about 11 AM.
- Needed another cup of coffee (regular) in the afternoon.
- No discernible effect today.
Day 6 – Tuesday
- Sleep was better.
- Took Step One at about 6 AM.
- Coffee and breakfast followed by Step Two at about 6:45 AM.
- Felt pretty good all morning. Sipped my second cup of coffee from a thermos all morning.
- Mild irritability and lack of patience.
- Very hungry in late afternoon.
- Good focus and energy all day long.
Day 7 – Wednesday
- Slept well again.
- Step One at about 6:10 AM and Step Two with breakfast and coffee at about 6:45 AM.
- Late afternoon hunger again.
- Good energy and focus all day again. Even during meetings.
- I forgot about my thermos of coffee. It was 3/4 full at the end of the day and I hadn’t even missed it.
Day 8 – Thursday
- Same as Wednesday, except I drank all my coffee.
- I noticed that I have been examining and rejecting sub-optimal options and making decisions faster than usual.
Day 9 – Friday
- Another good, productive day.
- Everything important was done by early afternoon.
- A little tired in mid afternoon–I could have taken a nap–but snapped out of it before the end of the day.
Day 10-11 – Saturday & Sunday
- No Qualia, but my energy remained steady all weekend. No big peaks, no deep valleys, but–overall–I had more energy than is normal for me, even on the weekends.
This week I ate breakfast every day except Monday so that I could take Step Two earlier in the day. Next week, I’m going to do bulletproof coffee every morning, skip breakfast, and take Step Two with a snack in late morning to see what, if any, difference that makes.